Last updated : November 2017.
In this article I propose more than 10 best natural decongestant. It helps you to eliminate congestion.
I don’t know about you. But I can’t be calm with my nose covered and my chest congested . I don’t find relief in medicines that finally dry my mucous membranes and make me feel worse. However, I have very good news, enough of bad nights for allergy or the flu, I have the solution to your respiratory problems. Here are some best natural decongestant for you. Take notes from this article.
The benefits of natural decongestant
This natural decongestant is very suitable for the whole family. Its natural elements has following benefits.
- Antiviral action .
- Antibacterial and decongestant properties.
- Immunological stimulation.
- Anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and decongestant action.
- This decongestant will allow you to lower the production of mucus. So it will in turn favor decongestant and we can breathe much better.
- It will be suitable for any cold process, colds and also in those moments in which we suffer some allergic process.
1. Prepare natural decongestant
- Half tablespoon ground turmeric (5 g).
- One lemon’s juice.
- 3 tablespoons honey (90 g).
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (60 ml).
- Half a glass of water (100 ml).
- A pinch of cayenne pepper.
- 3 leaves of eucalyptus.
- To make this natural decongestant, heat the half glass water in a teapot and adding the eucalyptus leaves.
- Add pinch of cayenne pepper and ground turmeric.
- Heat them until their properties escape in the water.
- Once it has reached a boil, remove it from the fire.
- Add few drop of the honey, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
- Mix well. It should not be particularly thick.
- Take this natural decongestant, two tablespoons for the day and two more before going to sleep .
- You can give to children only one at the same time, morning and night.
- This natural decongestant can last in the fridge for about two days.
You drink it, it is best to be warm, neither too cold nor hot. At room temperature.
Eucalyptus is a excellent natural decongestant.
- Boil the water and turn off the heat.
- Immediately add a handful of eucalyptus leaves with that the water.
- Perform the steams for 10 minutes and you will see the result.
- When you feel hard to breath, suck the smell of the plant and decongestant your airways.
- Bring them on the next day. This remedy can also relieve asthma.
Pine needles and tender buds have antiseptic and balsamic effects.
- Boil a handful of shoots and pine needles in 5 liters of water for 5 minutes.
- Pour everything in a basin and make vaporization for 10 minutes.
- With the help of this natural decongestant you can eliminate any congestion.
4. Bark and Marc
To relieve your respiratory system, this remedy is very effective. To do this you will need two pieces of bark from three trees oak and pine.
- Take a 5 liters of marc with the crusts and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add a pinch of rosemary and another of nettle.
- Let it rest and strain it.
- Take two tablespoons of this remedy with hot milk before bed.
- This natural decongestant eliminates any congestion.
Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, peppermint is wonderful to eliminate respiratory congestion. It is one of the best home remedies for congestion.
- To make natural decongestant, pour a teaspoon of leaves of this plant into a cup of boiling water.
- Let it stand for a few minutes.
- You can take two to three cups of this infusion each day.
- Alternatively, you can pour three drops of it, in each of your nostrils.
- Hot lemon juice can relieve the flu, inflammations of the throat and tonsils, and other conditions of the respiratory tract.
- The same thing you can gargle every two hours with lemon juice mixed with half a glass of hot water, you drink a delicious hot lemonade.
7. Relieving Combination
It is not only home remedies for decongestant but also cures the cold this remedy.
- Heat a cup of almond oil and mix with half a teaspoon of mint oil.
- Use this mixture to massage the back and chest congested.
- It is important to cover yourself well and drink hot mint tea for best results.
- Slice and roast five large onions, cover with vegetable oil and let them rest in the hot oven but off for half an hour.
- Then place them on a flannel cloth, grease your chest with olive oil.
- Apply the onion poultice for 30 minutes. Cover with a cloth to keep warm.
9. Garlic for long-term treatment
- To decongest your airways in the long term you should eat two cloves of garlic three times a day for a week.
- This natural decongestant is very effective to treat congestion.
10. Mint infusion
Simple, delicious and effective home remedies for congestion. You will be fine to prepare this infusion in the afternoon.
- To do this, bring a glass of water to the boil and add five mint leaves.
- Dissolve it and rest for 5 minutes.
- When you take it, take a large cup and roll it with your hands to the face.
- Before you drink it, let the peppermint steam reach your nostrils .
- Let it relax, let it envelop you with its delicious and relaxing odor. It will clear you.
- Once it is warmer, start drinking. It is another great natural decongestant.
11. Water with salt
A well known technique to reduce throat congestion and promote healing.
- Heat a glass of water and add a tablespoon of salt.
- Don’t drink it. It is simply gargling and after spitting.
- The water should never be hot.
- Alternatively, mix a spoonful of baking soda in a glass of water.
- In this case you will drink it, in small sips and throughout the day.
- It is medicinal and healing.
Sea Also : How to Get Rid of Nausea Fast.
You can eliminate your congestion with this natural home remedies. They are all very powerful natural decongestants. Try it and don’t forget to share this article.