Last Updated : October 2017.
In this article we are going to learn about how to make lip balm with beeswax fast at home. This article contains two different methods to make lip balm with beeswax fast at home.
The lips are a part of the body that we can’t hide. It attacked by the continuous variations of temperature, by the wind, the sun, etc. I know. You don’t like this. Lip balm with beeswax is protect your lip from them. To make lip balm repairing and moisturizing is very simple and economic. It will also be free of toxins, usually present in commercial pencils or repairers, harmful chemicals such as aluminium, chromium and cadmium. And of course, when using virgin bee wax, we avoid using petroleum products such as petroleum jelly or paraffin. Now, let us learn to how to make lip balm with beeswax fast at home. How to Make Lip Balm
How to Make Lip Balm
You can prepare your own lip balm easily. Here is the way.
Method – 1
- Cocoa Butter 25 gram.
- Sweet almond oil or cocoa butter 30 gram.
- Karite Butter 10 gram.
- Calendula in essence or macerated.
- Organic beeswax 15 gr.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- Natural dyes (listed below). How to Make Lip Balm
Cocoa butter: How to Make Lip Balm
It is obtained from the roasted cocoa bean. And it is perfect for a lip balm. It has emollient and softening properties.
Almond oil or cocoa butter:
It helps lipstick slide smoothly. The dyes you can use. The sweet almond oil has a great moisturizing effect and has a reducing effect of dry skin. And it relieves irritation and soothes itching.
It is obtained from the seeds of a tree from the west of Africa. This butter is a natural cell re-generator. It acts by coating the skin with a film that prevents dehydration and protects against external aggression.
And the maceration of marigold flowers has a protective skin effect, is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and healing.
With the beeswax, of ecological origin, we were able to emulsify all the ingredients and give it the desired texture.
Lip balm color: How to Make Lip Balm
For a bright red lipstick, use beet root powder. Use cinnamon to achieve a reddish brown color. Mix turmeric with other powders to create a coppery hue. The powdered cocoa gives a deep brown tone to the lipstick.
- Heat the wax, cocoa butter or almond oil in a glass jar over a pot of boiling water (water bath).
- When the mixture has melted completely, remove the jug from the heat.
- Add the ingredients that give the color and essence. Mix well.
- Choose your tub or sticks, pass the mixture, taking into account that it expands a bit when it cools. So do not fill it completely.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Whenever you are going to use a cosmetic product on the skin it is important that it does not produce any allergic reaction. In case of any problem on the skin, consult with a specialist.
Method – 2
Ingredients How to Make Lip Balm
To make your lip balm fast at home, you do not need much. Just keep the following ingredients at hand:
- Beeswax and honey . With its moisturizing and antiseptic properties, the improvement of the consistency in the surface of the skin and its protective action in relation to the rays of the sun.
- Butter or cocoa butter. It acts as the main ingredient in our protector. In addition to its ultra-moisturizing properties, it provides softness and helps fight irritation.
- Olive oil or almonds. With its anti-inflammatory action and its important contributions of hydration and skin elasticity.
- A clean small container.
Optional: Vitamin E or B. With antioxidant properties and with a special power to fight bacteria and viruses and to protect the skin.
- In the first place, we will resort to the traditional water bath. What you should do is take a container with water (a casserole) to put all the mixture to heat.
- Then you take the ingredients in certain amounts. Pour 3 tablespoons of oil into the bowl. Also, put 3 of beeswax and 4 of cocoa butter or the one you have decided to use.
- If you decide to use one of the two vitamins, crush the tablet until it becomes powder or pick up the bottle of drops.
- Pour 5 drops (or the powder you’ve got) of vitamin, stir and add a teaspoon of honey.
- Having everything together, let it warm while stirring the mixture between short intervals.
- When all ingredients form a well-defined homogeneous mixture, turn off the heat.
- Pour the contents of the pan into the clean container. Wait a few hours for it to be completely cold. You will have your homemade lip balm.
Now the lip balm with beeswax is ready to use.
If you wish, you can add a good fragrance to your lipstick, whether coconut, vanilla or a scent you like. All you have to do is add it to the pan while everything is heating up. You can also add some color to your protector by adding your favorite color. It’s simple! Just add a few pieces of your lipstick before removing it from the fire and let it melt. This will give a special sparkle to your creation.
Advantage of lip balm:
In addition to making the balm is very simple, it can last up to six months (even without preservatives or preservatives). And, not enough, the recipe is very economical and can be prepared and modified to your liking.
Through this article you learnt that how to make lip balm with beeswax fast at home. I hope that its very useful to you. You will make and enjoy with your own lip balm. Are you ready to make your own lip balm fat at home?