Last updated October 2017.
Today I will Show you natural home remedies for cough. With the help of this remedies you can stop coughing day and night naturally.
Dust, bacteria, viruses, pollen or other substances irritate the nerve endings in the airways between the throat and the lungs are causes for dry cough. Coughing is the way the body tries to rid itself of these substances and cleanse the passages. Here some home remedies for cough. It helps to stop coughing day and night.
Home Remedies for Cough
Now times to learn how to stop dry coughing. Lets go to know top 10 home remedies for cough.
1. Cough honey syrup
There is scientific evidence that honey can be effective in treating cough and sore throat. You can take it directly.
- Coconut oil.
- To reduce dry cough, mix honey with coconut oil and lemon juice.
- You can also try the old remedy of the grandmothers such as a drink of whiskey or cognac mixed with honey before go to bed.
- It is the best Home Remedy for Cough.
2. Lemon and honey syrup
- The lemon and honey are an excellent partner to reduce coughing day and night.
- For better result you should be taken right at bedtime.
- It is a very simple preparation, but a great effectiveness.
- The first thing to do is to heat a well of water to which you add a spoonful of honey and a lemon juice.
- For best result you should be taken this drink warm and immediately get under the blankets.
- Now you will feel much more its soothing effects the throat and respiratory tract, avoiding episodes of cough.
- After taking this remedy you should not take anything cold.
3. Onion and honey syrup
The syrup prepared from onion juice and honey is very effective to treat cough, especially prevents the annoying episodes of cough that may occur in the early hours of the morning.
The onion has great anti-bacterial and antibiotic properties.
The honey on its part has many antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties, among many others that, combined, form a very special natural remedy to relieve and prevent cough.
- 1 large onion.
- The way to prepare this syrup is quite simple.
- The first thing to do is to hollow a large onion, in the hole that we do add a few tablespoons of honey, which is justify in rest for a couple of hours.
- During that time the onion will release its juices, which combine with the honey giving rise to the fabulous and effective onion syrup and honey.
- It must be taken every hour a spoonful.
- Another way to prepare this effective syrup is to make slices of onion and place them in a bowl.
- Then add the honey and likewise take an hourly spoonful of the syrup that is obtained by this procedure.
4. A hot bath
- This method stop coughing day and night.
- Open the hot water, closes the windows and turns off any type of fan.
- Steam can be the worst enemy of cough; But also your best ally.
- The steam works by softening the airways and loosening the nasal congestion and phlegm in your throat and lungs.
- Although if you suffer from asthma, the vapor can exacerbate the cough.
5. Black Pepper Tea and Honey
It is one of the best home remedy for cough. For wet cough you can try a tea remedy of pepper and honey. Because pepper stimulates circulation and phlegm flow, and honey is a natural cough relief.
- 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- 2 teaspoon of honey.
- Use a teaspoon of fresh pepper and two tablespoons of honey in a cup, then fill with boiling water.
- Cover and let soak for 15 minutes, strain and drink.
- With this drink you can stop coughing day and night.
For people suffering from gastritis it is not recommended to ingest pepper of any kind.
6. Thyme tea
In Germany, thyme is a treatment against cough, respiratory infections and officially approved bronchitis. The small leaves of the herb contain a powerful remedy that calms the cough and relaxes the muscles of the trachea, while reducing inflammation.
- 2 tablespoons of crushed thyme.
- You can make thyme tea by soaking two tablespoons of crushed thyme in a cup of boiling water for ten minutes.
- Adding honey and lemon improves flavor and adds strength to the remedy.
- Strain before drink.
Ginger has many properties, and has been used since antiquity for its medicinal properties. Ginger tea helps to stop coughing day and night.
- 12 slices of fresh ginger.
- You can make a ginger tea by adding 12 slices of fresh ginger in a pot with three cups of water.
- Bring to a boil over low heat for 20 minutes and remove from heat.
- Strain it and add a spoonful of honey and squeeze a lemon.
- Test it; If it is very spicy add more water.
- This drink is powerful home remedy for cough.
8. Suck a lemon
- This folk remedy is really efficient.
- Prepare half a lemon and add salt and pepper, and then suck it.
9. Commercial Tea Blends
- Most health stores have a variety of cough teas.
- For example, Peppermint, hyssop, or elder flower tea are very good remedies to stop coughing day and night.
10. Drink plenty of fluids
- Drinking lots of liquids, either any of the teas or plain hot water, can be very good for cough relief.
- The fluids help to thin the mucus and keep the membranes wet, which helps stop coughing.
11. Garlic, olive oil and thyme
Garlic is one of the most potent natural antibiotics used in the treatment dry cough. Its sulfur compounds fight the viruses that cause the cough.
Garlic effects are enhanced with olive oil and thyme, ingredients that improve the irritation in the throat.
- 10 cloves garlic.
- 1 cup olive oil (220 g).
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Peel and chop the 10 cloves of garlic and place in a jar.
- Add the olive oil and thyme branches, and let them marinate for at least 24 hours.
- Take a spoonful every day on an empty stomach, until all the preparation is finished.
- This is a delicious home remedies for a cough.
- It can be very helpful to reduce cough especially for children and they will love it.
- Add a handful of marshmallows in a glass of warm milk.
- Wait for them to melt.
- Drink before going to sleep.
I hope that this home remedies for cough is very useful to stop coughing day and night. The next time you suffer from an upset cough, take these tips that will serve you better than any pharmacy remedy. Try it!