Last updated December 2017.
Today I will show how to get water out of your ear quickly. These all are most easiest way.
Water in the ear is a very common occurrence and can happen to anyone. While in swimming or taking a bath or shower, water can enter the ears. Normally, the wax present in the external ear canal prevents fluid from flowing into the ear. But sometimes, the fluid can get trapped inside the ear.
This causes a tingling sensation in the ear that can create a lot of discomfort. It may also be accompanied by pain and reduced hearing.
If justify untreated, fluid in the ear can cause hearing loss, cysts formation, tympanic inflammation, and other complications. That is why it is important to get rid of the water in your ears as soon as possible.
First, it is necessary to find out whether the fluid accumulates in the outer ear or the middle ear. The accumulation of fluid in the middle ear should be treated by a physician.
Fluid buildup in the outer ear can be treated at home. There are simple and easy ways to remove fluid from the ear.
How to Get Water Out of Your Ear
The best way to get water out of your ear is to let gravity do the work.
- Tilt your head to one side and keep the affected ear parallel to the floor.
- Place the palm of your hand flat against your ear and press hard for a few seconds.
- Remove your hand quickly.
- Use a cotton swab to draw water from your ear very carefully the liquid draining from your ear.
Yawning or chewing movements can also help get water out of your ear canal by creating pressure in the middle ear and stretching the ear canal.
Do not insert the handset into the ear.
2. Valsalva maneuver
Performing the Valsalva maneuver will help your ears to open the Eustachian tubes and push the water out of the ears.
- Close your mouth and grasp the nostrils with your fingers.
- Then you should take a deep breath.
- Blow gently the air in the nose to regulate the air pressure.
- If done correctly, you will hear a slight click sound which means the Eustachian tubes are open again.
Do not blow your nose too hard, as it may damage the eardrum.
3. Hair dryer
A hair dryer can also be used to accelerate the evaporation of trapped liquid. The warm, dry air will turn the water into steam and eventually help dissipate out of the ear.
- Pull your earlobe from your body.
- Keep a hair dryer 10 to 12 inches away from your ear.
- Adjust the heat dryer to warm up and lower the airflow.
- Turn the dryer on and point directly into the ear canal.
- Keep the dryer in position for about 30 seconds.
- If necessary, you can repeat it again.
Do not do this for more than a few minutes at a time.
4. Rubbing with Alcohol and Vinegar
Rubbing with alcohol and vinegar is a home remedy of old age to get rid of fluid in the ear. While the antibacterial properties of vinegar will help you kill the germs present in the ear. Alcohol helps to dry the water in the ear.
- Mix one teaspoon of alcohol and vinegar.
- With the use of a dropper, put two or three drops of this solution into the affected ear.
- Rub the opening of the ear canal gently.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Tilt the head so the liquid can drain easily.
5. Heat Therapy
Heat therapy can help flush ears quickly. The heat pack will help open the Eustachian tube (where fluid normally accumulates). So that the fluid can easily escape.
- Dip a cloth into a bowl of warm water, and drain off excess water.
- Place the warm cloth against the affected ear for 30 seconds.
- Wait a minute and repeat.
- Do this four or five times in a row.
- Lie on one side to help the fluid drain.
So heat therapy is one of the best idea to get water out of your ear quickly.
Steam inhalation is another easy way to get water out of your ear. The steam will help open the Eustachian tube, in turn encourage the release of fluid trapped in the ear.
- Pour steamed hot water into large bowl.
- Cover your head with a towel and inhale the steam slowly for five to 10 minutes.
- Tilt your head to one side.
- The fluid will begin to flow out of the ear.
- You can also take a warm shower to extract fluid from the ear canal.
7. Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is another very effective option to get water out of your ear quickly. Because of its effervescent property, hydrogen peroxide can easily remove trapped water out of your ear, along with ear wax and debris from the ear canal.
- With the use of a dropper, put four or five drops of hydrogen peroxide and three percent into the affected ear.
- Allow it to sit for one to two minutes.
- Tilt head down to allow liquid to drain easily.
Salt can be used to treat fluid in the ear as it easily absorbs water. The heat from the hot compress with salt help to evaporate the fluid and relieve the pain.
- Heat a quarter cup of salt in the microwave.
- Put the salt in a cotton cloth tightly.
- Keep this cloth near the affected ear opening for two to three minutes.
Garlic is another great treatment to get water out of your ear that won’t come out. In addition, garlic has antibacterial properties that help prevent ear infection as well as reduce pain.
- Press a clove of garlic to extract the juice.
- Put two or three drops of garlic juice in the affected ear.
- Wait for one minute.
- Then you should dry your ear about 12 inches away from your head.
10. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a great remedy to get water out of your ear quickly. In addition, its antiseptic properties will reduce the risk of ear infection.
- Lightly heat a little olive oil in a small bowl.
- With the use of a dropper, grab a few drops of hot olive oil in the ear.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Then, turn the head to one side and remove the oil and liquid with a soft earphone.
Put two or three drops of olive oil in each ear before going for swimming, lubricate the tissues that line the ear canal and help prevent water from getting trapped in the ears.
11. Yawn or chew
- When water gets stuck in your eustachian tubes, moving your mouth can sometimes help to open the tubes.
- Yawn or chew gum is help to get rid of water out of your ear.
- Tilt your head to get any water from your ear.
Now you know how to get water out of your ear quickly. Try it and remove water from you ear easily.