Today I will share with you how to get rid of a stuffy nose fast. And also this article contains home remedies for stuffy nose..
Stuffy nose can be due to a cold, sinusitis or allergies. The truth is that having a covered nose is not at all pleasant, especially if we are not accustomed to breathe through the mouth. In this article you will find some home remedies for stuffy nose. what causes stuffy nose.
- What causes stuffy nose?
- How to Get rid of a stuffy Nose
- Home remedies for stuffy nose
- 1. Basil leaves
- 2. Honey
- 3. Ginger to clear stuffy nose
- 4. Mustard oil to unclog your nose
- 5. Apple cider vinegar
- 6. Oil of eucalyptus
- 7. Pepper to cure a stuffy nose
- 8. Onion
- 9. Herbal tea to relieve a stuffy nose
- 10. Tomato juice to help a stuffy nose
- 11. Vicks VapoRub to stop a stuffy nose
- Share this:
What causes stuffy nose?
The causes of stuffy nose are given below.
- Allergic responses cover the nose.
- Sudden changes in temperature.
- Non-allergic rhinitis. what causes stuffy nose.
- When we have the common cold or flu, we will end up with a stuffy nose.
- Bacterial infection in the para-nasal sinuses. This can happen mainly at night and after a cold.
- A deviated septum may also cause nasal congestion and may occur in one or both nostrils.
- Consuming certain medications can cause blockage in the nose.
How to Get rid of a stuffy Nose
1. Don’t “blow” your nose
This only makes the situation worse. No handkerchiefs. Use only when you feel that there is secretion from your nose. If you sound strong and many times, your nasal membranes inflamed, achieving a kind of “vicious circle.”
2. Saline solution
Use a saline solution with an aerosol that can be bought at the pharmacy. It is one of the best way to get rid of a stuffy nose fast.
You will need..
- A rubber pear (used a lot for babies).
- Half a cup of warm water. what causes stuffy nose.
- ¼ tablespoon of coarse salt will suffice.
Method to use
- In the bathroom, lean your head over the sink.
- Spray the solution in one of your nostrils.
- Let it drain well and repeat three times a day to clear a stuffy nose.
3. Steam shower
- Take steam shower is one of the stuffy nose remedy.
- You can use steam shower to get rid of a stuffy nose fast.
- The humidity and the high temperature will decrease the inflammation and you will be able to breathe better.
- A bath with hot water is perfect.
- You can also boil water and salt in a saucepan and vacuum the vapors by covering the head with a towel.
- If you can get it, don’t hesitate to buy a vaporizer or humidifier for very dry environments.
- Because it improves breathing when you sleep.
4. Keep hydrate to unclog nose
- Keeping you hydrated is vital because the fluid will make the mucus diminish, also facilitating its expulsion.
- Additional water in your body will prevent nasal blockages or irritated ducts.
- It can also be broth, tea or infusions.
- It helps to get rid of a stuffy nose fast.
5. Put a warm compress on the nose
- To do this, lie on your back. what causes stuffy nose.
- Wet a cloth with warm water as you can stand, place it around the nose.
- It should also get wet under the eyes. But the holes in the nose must be free.
- So it can be get rid of a stuffy nose fast.
- When it cools, dampen it again.
- If you don’t want to sleep , you can lie down on the couch and take the opportunity to watch TV or read.
- At night, don’t hesitate to sleep on your back, if possible with more pillows so that the head is elevated.
6. Use adhesive strips
- Use adhesive strips for the nose. They are obtained in the pharmacy and are quite economical.
- They can be used at any time of the day.
- They are usually preferred for the night, which will prevent you from snoring or sulking.
7. Eat spicy foods
- Eat spicy foods such as chili, or well seasoned.
- A tomato sauce with cumin can help.
- Remember to drink a good amount of water during the meal.
Home remedies for stuffy nose
1. Basil leaves
It is one of the best home remedies to get rid of a stuffy nose fast.
- Chew three or four basil leaves before breakfast at every morning and before bed.
- You can also drink basil tea. It is one of the best home remedy for stuffy nose.
- Honey is a very good home remedy to get rid of stuffy nose fast.
- Take two tablespoons of honey regularly to treat the problem of stuffy nose when sleeping if it is very frequent.
- Dissolve honey in a glass of warm water and drink before bed for best results.
3. Ginger to clear stuffy nose
- Dissolve a teaspoon of fresh ginger grated in warm water.
- Drink it before bed.
- You can add some honey to increase taste.
- It helps to get rid of a stuffy nose when sleeping.
4. Mustard oil to unclog your nose
Mustard oil is very good home remedy to get rid of a stuffy nose when sleeping. Just pour one drop of mustard oil into each nostril. You can also use it to prepare your food.
5. Apple cider vinegar
- The apple cider vinegar can also help get rid of a stuffy nose fast.
- Mix two tablespoons into a glass of warm water.
- Drink up to 4 times a day.
- Don’t hesitate to season your salads with the vinegar.
6. Oil of eucalyptus
- The essential oil of eucalyptus should not be missing in your house if you happen to have many episodes of covered nose a year.
- Boil a saucepan with water and add 10 drops of this oil.
- Then inhale the vapors for more than effective results.
- It helps you to get rid of a stuffy nose when sleeping.
7. Pepper to cure a stuffy nose
- Pepper is one of the best home remedy to get rid of a stuffy nose fast.
- Prepare a mixture with two tablespoons of lemon juice , ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder and a pinch of salt.
- Apply to nasal passages to relieve congestion.
- To get rid of a stuffy nose fast, place a split onion (or four parts) on the bedside table.
- Its aroma will reach directly into the nostrils, being also excellent natural antibiotics.
- Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
9. Herbal tea to relieve a stuffy nose
- Herbs such as chamomile, thyme, mint, rosemary leaves or blackberry are great remedies to get rid of a stuffy nose when sleeping.
- You can make tea of these herbs and drink regularly till you get relief from stuffy nose.
10. Tomato juice to help a stuffy nose
- Drink a glass of hot tomato juice in order to get rid of nasal congestion.
- Add a tablespoon of minced garlic, a tablespoon of hot sauce, a tablespoon of lemon juice with a dash of celery salt in a cup of boiling tomato juice.
- Sip on at least 2 times a day.
11. Vicks VapoRub to stop a stuffy nose
- Rub a small amount of Vicks VapoRub on the chest and around his nostrils. It is a best remedy for congested nose.
- It relieves nasal congestion by opening the nostrils.
Now you know how to get rid of a stuffy nose fast and home remedies for stuffy nose. With the help of this home remedies you can get rid of a stuffy nose fast.