Last updated October 2017.
Today I will give some tips to get rid of mosquito bites swelling, scares and itching fast. Take notes from this article.
The mosquito bites can become a real nuisance, especially in more sensitive to its effects people. Scratching is a relief of mosquito bites. But it is a temporary measure and it can also cause you a greater injury. This article explains how to get rid of mosquito bites fast using some good home remedies.
How to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites
1. Apple vinegar
It is an excellent antiseptic to get rid of mosquito bite scars. It will help to prevent the sting from becoming infected.
- Soak a cotton, gauze or cloth with apple vinegar.
- Apply as a compress on the mosquito bites.
- If you have a lot of bites, you can take a dip with hot water.
2. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is actually very good in everything that concerns skin care. So, in the case of mosquito bites is more than effective. It serves to get rid of mosquito bite itching produced by the saliva of this insect. It will also reduce mosquito bites swelling. It heals the wound you have probably produced when scratching.
- To do this open a stem of aloe vera horizontally and extract the gel.
- Apply its juice on the bite and cover with a gauze.
- Don’t hesitate to have an aloe vera plant at home.
3. Neutral soap
The white or neutral soap is perfect for get rid of mosquito bites swelling and itching.
- Rub the bar of soap where the rash is, without wetting it.
- It will give you temporary relief.
- Let the soap cover the wound, so you will avoid scratching yourself so much.
Like aloe vera, onions have very good properties for skin problems (such as burns or wounds).
- To get rid of mosquito bites itching by applying a slice as thin as possible onion.
- Leave for a few minutes and then wash with plenty of water and mild soap.
Honey has many properties and one of them is its antiseptic power.
- To cure mosquito bites scars and itching, apply a small amount of honey.
- Let it try.
- Then rinse well with warm water.
Lemon is a home remedy, it can burn a bit. It is really helpful to cure bugs bites.
- There are different ways of applying it.
- You can squeeze half a lemon and soak a cotton ball.
- Apply on the bite.
- Another option is to split the fruit in half and rub on the mosquito bites.
7. Essential oils
Several essential oils will cure mosquito bites scars and itching. The most recommended are rosemary, lavender, tea tree, witch hazel and cedar oils.
- Take a little quantity of any above mentioned oils.
- Then diluted with hot water or other oil, whatever you have in the kitchen (olive, sunflower, corn, etc.) and also almonds or coconut.
- Simply apply it on your body. It can give good result.
Ammonia is a very effective remedy for mosquito bites itching. This chemical changes the acidity (pH) of the skin. So, it is opposed to a series of chemical reactions that can cause itching.
- Moisten a dry cotton with ammonia and place it on the affected skin.
- This remedy is especially useful for stinging.
Use only household ammonia. Those who have sensitive skin should not use this remedy.
9. Rub alcohol
This home remedy is very useful to cure the itch. When the alcohol starts evaporating the skin is cooled and dried. It helps to get rid of mosquito bites itching.
- Pour a little alcohol directly on the bites or place a cotton ball moistened with alcohol.
- Make sure the affected area is completely wet by alcohol.
- This remedy doesn’t cure permanently. The itching may return in a couple of hours.
- Apply the toothpaste on the mosquito bite to minimize discomfort.
- It is recommended to choose a toothpaste containing menthol and baking soda or mint.
Don’t use dental gel.
- Rub a small piece of raw garlic on the affected site.
- You may feel a burning sensation for a couple of minutes.
- But gradually and steadily, it will provide relief from mosquito bites irritation and itching.
- The strong smell of garlic also repels mosquitoes.
- Therefore, you will be free of these insects for a while.
To get rid of mosquito bites scars, place a small touch of vanilla on the area of the affected skin. Let it dry. You can re-apply as needed.
13. Table salt
Salt is also effective in treating mosquito bites. Because of its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Prepare a thick paste by mixing a small amount of finely ground salt with a few drops of water.
- Apply this paste directly over the area of bite skin. It is best to use iodized salt.
- Alternatively, you can also make a paste by mixing equal proportions of seasoned salt, garlic salt and water.
- Then gently apply the paste to the area of the affected skin.
- At first it can cause a burning sensation. But it will only be for a couple of seconds.
- Then little by little, you will feel immense relief in the area of the mosquito bite.
If you live near a beach, you can go swimming to rinse your skin in the natural salt water.
14. Transparent nail polish
Apply a solid layer of clear nail polish in order to get rid of mosquito bites itching.
It will give a good result to get rid of mosquito bites scars and itching.
15. The saliva
Saliva is the best solution to get rid of mosquito bite swelling and scars.
- To do is lick a finger and then rub it wet in the affected area.
- This sounds strange and uncomfortable.
- But has 90 percent chance in curing a mosquito bite swelling.
- After this, if you still feel drowsy or sick, consult a doctor.
16. Ice cubes
- Place an ice cube or wrap some in a cloth and massage the area on the bites for 10 to 20 minutes.
- This will give you a quick and immediate relief to the swelling and itching.
- In case you don’t have the ice cubes, you can place the affected area under the faucet with cold water for a couple of minutes.
Sea Also : How to Get Rid of Cold Sores Fast.
Now you know how to get rid of mosquito bites swelling, scars and itching with natural home remedies. Really it works. Try and don’t forget to share it.