Last updated December 2017.
Today I will share you some best shampoo for oily hair. And also I will give you some natural homemade shampoo for greasy hair.
Oily hair is a problem and it affects many women. Are you among them? Then you should know that finding the solution is not easy and surely you have tried several home remedies that didn´t work. Here you can find the solution. Don´t miss them!
- Best Shampoo for Oily Hair
- Best Natural Shampoo for Greasy Hair
Best Shampoo for Oily Hair
1. Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo
- It is a very good shampoo for oily hair.
- It has color-safe formula and it deeply cleanses oily hair and scalp.
- It leaves hair fresh, shiny and full of body.
2. Bb seaweed shampoo
- A mild, moisturizing, daily shampoo for oily hair from Bumble and bumble with marine extracts.
- It feeds roots and it gives shine and keep scalps happy.
- You can use it with seaweed conditioner.
3. Neutrogena T/Gel Shampoo for Greasy Hair
- It is a best anti-dandruff shampoo for Greasy hair.
- This shampoo clears and helps prevent dandruff, removes excess oil from your hair.
- Hair is left clean and fresh.
4. Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo
- Liz Earle has natural vitamin E, West African Shea butter to moisturize hair. It also has apple and orange extracts to boost shine.
- It leaves your hair more soft, smooth and shine.
5. Fekkai Apple Cider Shampoo
- It infused with Apple Cider.
- It scented by fresh apple and pear.
- Silicone-free purifying cleanser clarifies and removes buildup.
- Overworked hair is deeply cleaned for a new beginning.
6. Sachajuan Normalizing Hair Shampoo
- This is everyday gentle cleansing shampoo for oily hair.
- It stimulates hair and scalp with ocean silk technology for a healthy look.
- Increases volume and shine of hair. Leaves hair with bounce and an optimal condition.
7. Wella Balance Pure Purifying Shampoo
- Wella’s Pure Purifying Shampoo is another choice for greasy hair.
- It removes all impurities and oil from the hair without dehydrating it completely.
- It leaves your hair soft and smooth, without that ‘heavy’ feeling.
8. Cowshed Moody Cow Balancing Shampoo
- If you use it regularly, this will help hair to become less greasy while also helping to eliminate dandruff
- It helps to regulate oil production without drying hair.
Best Natural Shampoo for Greasy Hair
1. Home Mint Shampoo for Oily Hair
You can prepare a best shampoo for oily hair with peppermint to treat greasy hair. With the homemade peppermint shampoo you can control a greasy hair.
Benefits of pepper mint shampoo for oily hair
- Eliminates lice. It will calm the itching.
- Eliminates dandruff. Reduces inflammation, itching and effects caused by dandruff.
- It makes the hair grow faster.
- It makes your hair healthy and strong.
- Mint contains menthol. Its antibacterial properties make your hair shine and prevents frizz.
- This treatment is also effective in controlling hair loss.
You will need..
- A spoonful of mint leaves.
- 1 spoonful of Melissa.
- A spoonful of lemon peel.
- Twenty drops of mint essential oil.
- A cup of shampoo, better if it’s one for babies.
- Two cups of distilled water.
- To prepare this natural shampoo for oily hair, heat the distilled water. When boiling remove from the heat.
- Pour the mint leaves and the spoonful of Melissa.
- Add the lemon peel.
- Covers and allows to stand for about 30 minutes. At the end of the time you should strain and reserve the water.
- Add essential peppermint oil and mix well.
- Finally integrate the shampoo into the preparation.
- Put the mixture in a jar with an airtight lid and store it in the refrigerator when not in use.
- Under these conditions it will last for about four weeks.
2. Natural shampoo for oily hair with chamomile
You will need…
- 2 tablespoons of chamomile.
- 1/2 cup water.
- Several drops of lemon.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons of grated neutral soap.
- It is one of the best shampoo for oily hair.
- To prepare it, boil the chamomile for five minutes.
- Strain and add the lemon, the cider vinegar and the grated soap.
- Stir the mixture carefully until the soap dissolves completely.
- Now you can use this natural shampoo for oily hair.
3. Natural shampoo for greasy hair with sage
Sage gives vigor and shine to hair, and mint neutralizes excess fat from hair.
- Two tablespoons of dry peppermint leaves.
- Two tablespoons of dried sage leaves.
- Of the glasses of neutral shampoo.
- In a glass of water make a decoction with sage and mint for fifteen minutes.
- Strain the herbs and mix the liquid with the neutral shampoo.
- Use it as shampoo for oily hair.
4. Shampoo with baking soda, vinegar and oil
(amounts for a couple of weeks of use)
- 1 cup baking soda.
- 3 cups water.
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.
- 1/4 cup olive or almond oil.
- Optional essential oils.
- Mix the baking soda with water and add essential oil optionally.
- This is the homemade shampoo for oily hair.
- In another bowl, mix the vinegar and the olive or almond oil.
- Apply the first mixture (bicarbonate) on the scalp and massage gently.
- Allow the product to slide by means and ends without rubbing.
- Clarify with water.
- Use the 2nd blend (vinegar) with water as a hair conditioner.
- You can rinse your hair.
- It is a best shampoo for greasy hair.
5. Shampoo for oily hair with egg
- 1 egg.
- 1 natural yogurt.
- Juice of 2 lemons.
- To prepare the shampoo for oily hair, mix the egg with the yogurt.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp for 10 minutes.
- Clarify the hair by adding the juice to the water of the last rinse to take advantage of its astringent properties.
- It is very useful for very fatty and thin hair.
I hope that this article is very useful to choose shampoo for oily hair. You can choose one option from the above to treat your greasy hair.